Our social:

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Family : To Have or Not to Have

                  

"Most times I am forced to think that i have the worst parent . I have never seen my parent stay a day without having a quarrel,well my dad always tells my mum that she has the worst family while my mum will reply by telling him to go work on his own family".   
                                                                                                      
                                                         -------- Troubled teenager

"I  grew  up in a family were everyone loves each other, we fight and quarrel but at the end we come back to apologise and make peace "
                                                                                                                                                                                   Anonymous 


When i see messages of such it gladdens my heart, it gives comfort to know that there are still  some good families .

"My parents don't ever understand me , everything I say or do seems odd or weird. well I totally don't feel upset because they don't even understand themselves.. all i do is keep my friends closer because they understand me better" .
                                                                                                                                                                      ------- Troubled teenager

         


             

The above messages are evidence of some failed parenting.
  Let's start by knowing what a family is all about . 

"I wonder why some people say that family is important because mine is more useless... Yes my father can't afford some things for me but my uncles are  making it even worst."
                                                                                                                                                                       --------- unhappy girl 

  Family is a single word , with many different meanings. People have many ways of defining a family and what being part of a family means to them . 
The dictionary defines family in several way, but I would say "two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another and reside usually in the same dwelling" would be the idle definition of a family in the context of our discussion.
I got a complain recently and it was troubling....

"When I was in the university, I never went home for holidays until i got to final year.there was nothing interesting about going home ...to me school was home ,when I saw other students always going home I envied them and I wished mine was like that".
                                                                   ------Troubled sender

There is an idea we all have of how a family should be like but it seems a lot are disappointed by the twist of expectations..........

To be Continued.........   

                                                                             

0 comments:

Post a Comment