Our social:

Friday 21 April 2017

Manchester United React To Tragic Death Of Fans In Calabar During Europa Win


Manchester United have sent a heartfelt condolence message to thirty football fans who died in Calabar, Cross-river state during their game against Anderlecht on Thursday night.

Over thirty persons were reported to have died as a result of a high tension electricity cable that fell on the roof of the building in which they were watching the match.

Manchester United took to the social media to express their sadness, with a message that read: ‘Our thoughts go out to the United fans, their friends and families affected by the tragedy in Calabar, Nigeria, yesterday.’


Close witnesses revealed that about 80 persons were watching the game when the incident happened which left about 10 persons sustaining injuries.

A source said: “It happened during the match between Manchester United and Anderlecht. I heard a deafening bang. I rushed out to see what was happening. When I turned back to go inside the viewing centre, I saw a cable coming down on the centre and this killed the viewers in the hall.

“It was a horrible sight to behold. I wish I didn’t come out to watch the match. Come to think of it, I have DStv at home but I enjoy watching matches at viewing centres. I could have been dead. I can’t believe that the people I was chatting and joking with a few minutes ago are all gone in a most anguishing way. This world is vain.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment